What are the types of skin?
The key to effective skin care is to know what type of skin you possess. Skin is divided into various types according to its texture. Therefore, it is important to know what kind of skin you have in order to determine the appropriate care your skin will need.
Here are the types of skin and its corresponding description:
- Normal Skin –This type of skin possesses fine, even texture with a supple and smooth surface. It has the proper balance of oil and moisture contents; therefore, the skin is moist and neither greasy nor dry.
- Dry Skin –This type of skin has a dry parched appearance and has a tendency to flake easily. Often prone to wrinkles and lines due to the inability to retain moisture, dry skin also has insufficient production of oil from the sebaceous glands.
- Oily Skin – This type of skin is slightly to moderately greasy. Caused by over secretion of sebum, oily skin is prone to attract dirt and dust from the environment. Certainly, this type is also susceptible to black heads, white heads, pimples and spots.
- Combination Skin –This type is the combination of oily and dry skin. The oil is noticeable on the nose, forehead, and the chin. Dry areas of the skin can be found in cheeks, mouth and areas around the eyes.
How to take care for each skin type?
Each type of skin has different skin care approach.
- For people with normal and oily skin, cleanse the face twice a day with Gluta White & Firm Facial Wash. Then, use Gluta White & Firm Facial Toner to tone the skin. Apply Gluta White & Firm Facial Cream to moisturize the face. For the body, use Gluta White & Firm Lotion. When going outdoors, apply sunblock for added skin protection. To maintain healthy, glowing skin, avoid smoking.
- For dry skin, gently cleanse the skin. Use mineral water for washing the face. Use Gluta White & Firm Facial Toner after cleansing. Moisturize your skin with Gluta White & Firm Facial Cream. Don’t forget to apply sunblock for protection. Get rid of alcoholic and caffeine beverages and smoking cigarette to protect your skin from other skin damage.
- For combination skin, the way to take good care of it is by treating your skin as if they were two different types of skin.
What are the reasons for skin darkening?
Skin has melanin, a chemical singlehandedly responsible for a person’s skin tone. The more melanin present in the skin, the darker the skin tone is.
One factor that contributes to skin darkening is sun exposure as it triggers melanin production.
How to achieve beautiful and healthy skin?
Dermatologists recommend the four-step method in basic skin care to achieve beautiful and healthy skin.
- The first thing you should do to achieve beautiful and healthy skin is to cleanse the face with soap and water. This method removes the dirt, oil and bacteria while getting rid of excess oil and pimples, caused by dirt and some chemicals found in cosmetic products.
- After washing your face, the next step is toning. This method minimizes skin pores and deeply cleanses the skin brought by dirt, make-up and other residue.
- Another important regimen is moisturizing. This regimen helps in restoring the skin’s natural moisture balance and hydrates the skin.
- The fourth and final basic skin care regimen is protection. This is the most important of all regimens. To protect your skin, use sun protecting products that shield your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
Doing these four-step as part of your basic skin care regimen will help you maintain your youthful, beautiful and healthy skin.